How To Minimize Maskne
As many of us head back to work we go from wearing our masks only when we run essential errands to wearing our mask all day long. This has maskne on the rise caused by the bacteria growth created by our masks. Here’s how to minimize maskne.
1. Use a gentle facial exfoliator 2 to 3 days per week.
2. Switch to one skincare product with salicylic acid, such as a daily toner.
3. Stop applying makeup to the area underneath your face mask.
4. Wear disposable masks or masks made from breathable and soft cotton.
5. Switch masks every 3 or 4 hours, sooner if you are sweaty.
6. Wash your masks between each use in a gentle and fragrance-free detergent.
7. Mist your face with rosewater between mask changes.
If your skin is severely inflamed, sensitive to touch, or maskne does not improve—schedule an appointment with your dermatologist.